[Insight-users] Problems compiling SegmentationEditor

Daniel Jones danielj at caltech.edu
Sun Jul 19 20:56:43 EDT 2009

Hi,

I'm trying to compile the "SegmentationEditor" application.  I've run ccmake
in the InsightApplications root directory to set up the makefiles. My
"EXECUTABLE_OUTPUT_PATH" is set to /usr/local/bin/InsightApplication-3.14.0.
Then I changed to the SegmentationEditor directory and ran "make" there. It
chugs along for a while but eventually outputs the following error:

[  0%] Building CXX object SegmentationEditor/Wrapping/
Tcl/CMakeFiles/WSTITK.dir/tkAppInit.o
Linking CXX executable /usr/local/bin/InsightApplication-3.14.0/WSTITK
/usr/bin/ld: cannot open output file
/usr/local/bin/InsightApplication-3.14.0/WSTITK: No such file or directory
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
make[2]: *** [/usr/local/bin/InsightApplication-3.14.0/WSTITK] Error 1
make[1]: *** [SegmentationEditor/Wrapping/Tcl/CMakeFiles/WSTITK.dir/all]
Error 2
make: *** [all] Error 2

I noticed that "WSTITK" is a target for "make" in the InsightApplications
root directory, so I tried running that, but ended up with the same error. I
thought there might be a problem with write permissions, but running these
commands as root doesn't make any difference. Also, the readme said
something about running make in the "Auxiliary" directory first, but when I
do that, I end up with a similar error:

Linking CXX executable
/usr/local/bin/InsightApplication-3.14.0/vtkFltkExample
/usr/bin/ld: cannot open output file
/usr/local/bin/InsightApplication-3.14.0/vtkFltkExample: No such file or
directory
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
make[2]: *** [/usr/local/bin/InsightApplication-3.14.0/vtkFltkExample] Error
1
make[1]: *** [Auxiliary/VtkFltk/CMakeFiles/vtkFltkExample.dir/all] Error 2
make: *** [all] Error 2

It looks like for some reason nothing it being written to my
EXECUTABLE_OUTPUT_PATH directory. Any input on what I'm doing wrong would be
appreciated.

Thanks,
 Daniel Jones