[Insight-users] GDCM in ITK 3.14

Andreas Keil keil.andreas at gmail.com
Mon Jul 20 11:56:02 EDT 2009

Dear all,

I compiled ITK 3.14, using the internal GDCM lib on WinXP with VS 2008, did
an install build and then moved the necessary headers and libs to another
directory. This procedure worked fine for me (at least until ITK 3.8).
However, now I run into a runtime error within my app as soon as it
initializes:

First-chance exception at 0x1026ed6a (msvcr90d.dll) in vessel.exe:
0xC0000005: Access violation writing location 0xcdcdcd00.
Unhandled exception at 0x1026ed6a (msvcr90d.dll) in vessel.exe: 0xC0000005:
Access violation writing location 0xcdcdcd00.

Browsing through the call stack, I discovered that the error arises in
gdcm::DictSet() when the path string to the DICOM dictonaries seems to be
copied to a bad pointer at address 0xcdcdcd00.

Since all this happens during the program's initialization, I am pretty
sure, it's not a coding error on my side. Has anyone else made similar
experiences? May it be related to moving the headers and libs to a different
location? If so, what has changed since previous releases?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Andreas