[Insight-users] Current state of "Active Contours without edges" in Review folder? - Example?

Amardeep Singh amar.singh at gmx.de
Tue Jul 21 14:06:10 EDT 2009

Dear Kishore
Dear ITK Users

I have now been trying to use the filter, but, unfortunately, I cannot
get it to run. My initial level set and my feature image are overlapping
perfectly (same orientation/position information in the headers), but
when I run the example program "ScalarSinglePhase3DTest.cc", I get the
following error (it is indeed printed out twice):
Exception caught !

itk::ExceptionObject (0x8152b00)
Location: "virtual void itk::DataObject::PropagateRequestedRegion()"
File: /asingh/workspace/InsightToolkit-3.14.0/Code/Common/itkDataObject.cxx
Line: 397
largest possible region.

Exception caught !

itk::ExceptionObject (0x8149d88)
Location: "virtual void itk::DataObject::PropagateRequestedRegion()"
File: /asingh/workspace/InsightToolkit-3.14.0/Code/Common/itkDataObject.cxx
Line: 397
largest possible region.

My parameters are chosen arbitrarily:
curvature weight: 0.1
area weight: 0.1
laplacian weight: 0.1
volume weight: 0.1 (what does this mean?)
volume: 0 (what does this mean?)
overlap weight: 0

For your convenience, I have made the images available under the
following URL:
http://www.doc.ic.ac.uk/~asingh/

I have also put my code there.

Does anyone have an idea, why it fails?