[Insight-users] Problems with fixedReader->Update();

Ramón Casero Cañas ramon.casero at comlab.ox.ac.uk
Tue Jul 21 19:33:38 EDT 2009

Bill Lorensen wrote:
> The thrown exception is very clear...
> Exception thrown
>
> itk::ExceptionObject (00CAE438)
> Location: "void __thiscall itk::PNGImageIO::WriteSlice(const class
> std::basic_string<char,struct std::char_traits<c
> har>,class std::allocator<char> > &,const void *)"
> File: ..\..\..\Code\IO\itkPNGImageIO.cxx
> Line: 473
>
> You must choose an output file type that supports the type you are
> trying to write. I would suggest .mhd. If you can think of a better
> exception message, please let us know.

Hi Bill,

Thaks for your reply. I don't think we have expressed any issues about
the exception itself, but motes said that he's defining the PixelType as
unsigned char/short, yet writing the data fails.

Oh! Is this a problem with any of the intermediate steps changing the
pixel type?

On a related note: Where is the method GetComponentType() called by
PNGImageIO::WriteSlice declared? I'm sure it's very obvious where it is,
but I have been searching for it in the ITK code (grep and [1]), and I
couldn't find it.

[1] http://www.itk.org/Doxygen/html/functions.html

Cheers,

R.

--
Ramón Casero Cañas, DPhil

Computational Biology, Computing Laboratory
University of Oxford
Wolfson Building, Parks Rd
Oxford OX1 3QD

tlf     +44 (0) 1865 610807