[Insight-users] Image offset is giving bad pointer for large datasets (7Gb)

Michael Jackson mike.jackson at bluequartz.net
Wed Jul 22 11:44:12 EDT 2009

Basically you are stuck until ITK gets "Fixed" to use a long long int
for the OffsetValueType. Because ITK is defining OffsetValueType as a
"long int" you are going to be limited to an image size less than
4294967295 bytes. The obvious workaround is to move to another 64 bit
operating system that uses a different 64 bit model (LP64) for the
compiler: Linux 64 or OS X both work as well as some others out there.
   Based on this thread it looks like the fix may be extremely time
consuming to get accomplished. This is just my read of what is going on.

Mike Jackson                  mike.jackson at bluequartz.net