[Insight-users] Current state of "Active Contours without edges" in Review folder? - Example?

Amardeep Singh amar.singh at gmx.de
Thu Jul 23 10:33:55 EDT 2009

Dear Kishore

Thanks a lot for the bugfix. I can get the program to run with the
newest fix.
However, I would be interested in the parameters that you used in order
to produce the result.
Could you give me a little more insight in the meaning of some of the
parameters, as well,please?
Some are quite clear, but I couldn't find a correspondence for the
others in the paper:
1. CurvatureWeight: Penalize high curvature of level set?; where is this
in the paper?
2. AreaWeight: Penalize high area of level set surface
3. ReinitializationWeight, in the code also called
"SetReinitializationSmoothingWeight":
    What does this mean? Is it in the paper?
4. VolumeWeight, in the code also called VolumeMatchingWeight:
    What does it mean? Is it in the paper?
5. Volume: I guess that this the parameter of the volume
parametrization, so it penalizes large volumes
                   within the level set surface.

Thank you very much!

Best regards
Amardeep