[Insight-users] Samples in MattesMutualInformation

Luis Ibanez luis.ibanez at kitware.com
Thu Jul 23 22:06:47 EDT 2009

Hi Manuel,

The samples are a collection of pixels (indices) that are the
only ones used for computing the metric.

They are selected by a RandomImageIterator, which internally
uses a random number generator that produces a uniform sampling
of the image. E.g. all pixels have the same likelyhood of
being included in the sample.

All metrics restrict the calculation to a N-D rectangular region
that you define with the SetFixedImageRegion() method.