[Insight-users] ultimate erode set (erode up to object centres)

Prashanth Ravindran prashanth at 100ximaging.com
Fri Jul 24 08:08:22 EDT 2009

Hi -

When faced with a problem that required a complete erosion leaving only the center, I used the Label Geometry filter from the journal article http://www.insight-journal.org/browse/publication/301. This filter returns the centroids of the various objects in the binary image that I supply to it (along with various other parameters). I pick the centroids and use that as an estimate for my next step.

Hope this helps,

Thanks,
--Prashanth