[Insight-users] Visualizing a warped 3D volume?

motes motes mort.motes at gmail.com
Mon Jul 27 07:10:46 EDT 2009

I would like to test 3D warping of volumes based on the example:

BSplineWarping2.cxx

I was told that:

brainweb1e1a10f20.mha
brainweb1e1a10f20.raw

from:

http://public.kitware.com/pub/itk/Data/BrainWeb/BrainPart1.tgz

contains a 3D volume of a brain. I have found some warp parameters in the
file:

InsightToolkit-3.12.0\Examples\Data\BSplineDisplacements2.txt

I then call the 3D warping application with:

BSplineDisplacements2.txt
brainweb1e1a10f20.mha
brainweb1e1a10f20.mha
brainweb1e1a10f20_deformed.mha
brainweb1e1a10f20_deformed_field.mhd

The application runs for some time  and prints:

0.879992
0.889992
0.899992
0.909992
0.919992
0.929992
0.939992
0.949992
0.959992
0.969992
0.979992
0.989992
0.999991
1

The files:

brainweb1e1a10f20_deformed.mha (approx 7MB)
brainweb1e1a10f20_deformed_field.raw (approx. 83 MB)

Are produced. But how are 3D volume warping results visualized?

Should I just extract each frame from eg. "brainweb1e1a10f20_deformed.mha
and create eg difference images between each frame in the before and after
volume?