[Insight-users] LabelOverlayImageFilter not working with unsigned short: a bug?

lynx.abraxas at freenet.de lynx.abraxas at freenet.de
Mon Jul 27 18:01:24 EDT 2009

Hello again!

Because  my program complained of not having enough grey values for the amount
of lables when I tested it on a 3D image I changed the output  pixel  type  to
unsigned short.
The  itk::MaskImageFilter  was  not happy with different input and ouput types
(is this a bug?) so I changed the input type  to  unsigned  as  well.  Now  no
complains    during    compile    time    any   more   but   the   output   of
LabelOverlayImageFilter of the scaled  (ouput  unsigned  short)  distance  map
looks wrong. Is this a bug as well? I attached the two ouputs.
It  works  fine  even with unsigned short if I let the scaler only scale up to
255L and not up to 65535L.

Another     question:     Is     the      amount      of      labels      from
MorphologicalWatershedFromMarkersImageFilter  only  limited  by what the ouput
pixel type can store?

Regards,
Lynx