[Insight-users] VectorImageRegistrationMethod

Tom Vercauteren tom.vercauteren at gmail.com
Thu Jul 30 08:52:17 EDT 2009

Hi Alberto,

I would also be interested in having some vector registration methods.

As far as implementation is concerned, I don't quite get the need for
defining a new VectorImageRegistrationMethod class has proposed in:
http://www.na-mic.org/svn/NAMICSandBox/trunk/VectorImageRegistrationMethod/

I believe that you should be able to only write a vector specific
metric that inherits from ImageToImageMetric (and not a new
VectorImageToImageMetric base class). Then you should be able to use
the standard ImageRegistrationMethod with vector images.

For example, even though there already is a
VectorLinearInterpolateImageFunction class, you can just use
LinearInterpolateImageFunction which works just fine on vector images.

Hope this helps,
Tom