[Insight-users] Necessary overlapping when computing metric in registration

Gomez Herrero, Alberto alberto.gomez-herrero at philips.com
Fri Jul 31 07:42:11 EDT 2009

Hi,

In the frame of a registration process, I am exploring a metric to get the values for each displacement, something similar to what is done in the example MeanSquaresImageMetric1.cxx.
My question is the following:

To compute the metric for a given displacement, the two images have to overlap at least partially. What is the minimum overlap? One may think that any overlap > 0 should work, but my tests make my think that actually at least one full pixel of the moving image must be fully overlapping the fixed image, otherwise throws exception. Can anyone confirm this please?

Thanks,

Alberto