[Insight-users] Re : trying examples

David Doria daviddoria+itk at gmail.com
Fri Jul 31 09:06:53 EDT 2009

On Fri, Jul 31, 2009 at 8:55 AM, Syrine Sahmim <syrine.sahmim at yahoo.fr>wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I tried the region growing example and the discrete gaussian filter
> examples.for the first one i don't have the.exe file and for the second when
> i debogue it i obtain the message "inputImageFile  outputImageFile
> variance  maxKernelWidth" given in the code.
> No image filtred!!
> so how can i do to have a correct result?
> i just take the example and configure it with cmake , build it and then run
> it? is there other steps that i must do?
>
> Regards

When you see the message "inputImageFile  outputImageFile  variance
maxKernelWidth", that is telling you the required arguments.

You should see a good set of test parameters in the example cxx, in this
case:
//    INPUTS: {BrainProtonDensitySlice.png}
//    OUTPUTS: {DiscreteGaussianImageFilterOutput.png}
//    4 9

(although in this case I think 4 and 9 are supposed to be the variance and
maxKernelWidth params even though they show up after the output instead of
in the input??)

I searched for "region" and "grow" and didn't see a region growing example -
maybe you can give the actual name of the example you are looking for?

Thanks,

David