[Insight-users] how to use the Watershed filter, and how to read images from RAW files.

Luis Ibanez luis.ibanez at kitware.com
Wed Jun 3 22:55:25 EDT 2009

Hi Reinaldo,

1) Please don't reuse the subject of an unrelated email message
    when you post questions to the list.

           You could have used a new subject,
           such as "How to use the watershed filter".

2) In order to read RAW images, the simplest mechanism is to
    create metaImage headers for them.

    Please read the instructions in

       http://www.itk.org/ITK/resources/links.html

    in the section

       "Writing a MetaImage header for Raw Data"

3) For instructions on how to use the Watershed filter,
    please read the ITK Software Guide

       http://www.itk.org/ItkSoftwareGuide.pdf

    in particular,
    Section 9.2 "Segmentation based on Watersheds"

    in pdf-pages 556-562.

    You will find the associated source code examples in the
    directory

           Insight/Examples/Segmentation