[Insight-users] erosion performance for binary images

Harvey Cline harvey.cline at kitware.com
Fri Jun 5 15:51:30 EDT 2009

Hi all

A fast binary erosion algorithm strips layers from the surface structure
using a unit cross structure factor multiple times to construct a large
effective radius. The dilation adds surface layers. A region iterator or
pointer is used for implementation speed.  While the algorithm is very fast,
there are facetts in the large structure factor.

Harvey Cline