[Insight-users] elastic registration of 2 polydata

Emanuela Del Grosso emanuela.dg at hotmail.it
Sat Jun 6 09:55:04 EDT 2009

Hello,

I am an inexperienced ITK user. I should make a elastic registration of 2 polydata (.vtk).
Ie I should bring a polydata to deform to resemble as possible to second. I know how read the polydata in ITK, but then I do not know how to make this elastic registration.
I tried the example that use PointSet to PointSet registration (IterativeClosestPoint2.cxx), but is not appropriate in my case, where the polydata must undergo a deformation and not just a translation and rotation. I would like to know if I have to change it and how. Ie what trasformation and optimizer use or there is a code that can help me.
Thanks in advance.
Emy D.G.