[Insight-users] How to solve linear equations in ITK at a faster rate????

Habib Baluwala habibbaluwala at gmail.com
Mon Jun 8 13:20:06 EDT 2009

Hi everyone ,
                  I needed help in solving the a set of large number of
linear equations in ITK. I am currently using the following list of programs

vnl_vector<double>x(2*TotVox,0);
vnl_sparse_lu linear_solver(A, vnl_sparse_lu::estimate_condition);
linear_solver.solve(b,&x);

where S is a sparse matrix and b is a vector with all the values and x is
the solution that we get at the end of the equation . for a 256*256*2 no of
linear equations it takes around 20 minutes which is very large as Matlab
solves it in 30 seconds. I look forward to your reply and any help is
appreciated.