[Insight-users] about itk and python

Lic. José M. Rodriguez Bacallao jmrbcu at gmail.com
Tue Jun 16 16:39:45 EDT 2009

hi folks, I am new to vtk and itk and I begining to love all the
goodies of itk, right now, I'm triying to develop a dicom viewer with
itk, vtk and python (my preferred language) so, I have a couple of
questions to make.

1- How about the quality of wrappers (WrapITK vs standard)
2- How about memory consumption and load times of the wrappers.
3- I need to read several DICOM files, from various modalities, how do
I read all of them if I need to now the image type first, for example:

import itk
image_type = itk.Image[itk.SS, 2]
file_name = 'IM66,dcm' #this is a CT image
reader = itk.ImageFileReader[image_type].New()
reader.SetFileName( file_name )
reader.Update()

what if I need to read a RGB dicom image?

PS: sorry for my english, it's not so good.

--
Lic. José M. Rodriguez Bacallao
Centro de Biofisica Medica