[Insight-users] solving large linear equations

Habib Baluwala habibbaluwala at gmail.com
Wed Jun 17 10:06:35 EDT 2009

Hi Arnaud,
               The size of the matrix is around 40,000 rows and columns but
the density is around 5 percent which is very small. I am using the
vnl_sparse_matrix for reading the sparse matrix and then using the
vnl_sparse_lu and for solving the equations. I thought that the blas and
lapack libraries are linked with the linear solver but that does not seem to
be the case or I am currently not using any pointers for the sparse matrix.
Can this be a reason for the failure????? I look forward to yor reply