[Insight-users] Build ITK 3.14.0 under Win XP x64 and Visual Studio 2008

Luis Ibanez luis.ibanez at kitware.com
Thu Jun 18 09:48:48 EDT 2009

Hi Tom,

What was the "first problem" ?

and...

How do you fixed it ?

------------------
Thomas Hack wrote:

 > Hey Luis,
 >
 > i fixed the first problem, but the void problem still exists.
 >
 > a) yes, they are all c++ projects
 >
 > b) yes, they were configured with cmake
 >
 > c) no, unfortunately not.
 >
 > is it possible that during the creation with cmake gets something
wrong? like wrong cmake option? i saw a few options about VNL and VXL at
the end. i didn't change them, but maybe i have to:

 > VNL_CONFIG_CHECK_BOUNDS = ON
 > VNL_CONFIG_ENABLE_SSE2 = OFF
 > VNL_CONFIG_ENABLE_SSE2_ROUNDING = OFF
 > VNL_CONFIG_LEGACY_METHODS = OFF
 > VNL_CONFIG_THREAD_SAFE = ON
 > VXL_UPDATE_CONFIGURATION = OFF
 >

 > For completeness i attach my CMakeCache.txt.
 >
 > Thanks and many greetings,
 >
 > Tom
 >
 > Luis Ibanez schrieb:
 >

 >> Hi Tom,
 >>
 >> Thanks for the additional information.
 >>
 >> A) Those other projects that you have build,
 >>    where they C++ projects ?
 >>
 >> B) Where they configured with CMake ?
 >>
 >> C) Do you have other versions of Visual Studio installed ?
 >>

 >> ---
 >>

 >> Something is going wrong during the configuration of VXL.
 >>
 >> The errors of type:

("10>D:\libs\ITK\x64\InsightToolkit-3.14.0\Utilities\vxl\core\vnl/vnl_matlab_header.h(16)

 >> indicate that the type:
 >>

 >>        vxl_int_32
 >>
 >> is being declared as a typedef for "void".
 >>
 >> This is done in the vxl_config.h file that is generated from
 >> the source file:
 >>

 >>    Insight/Utilities/vxl/core/vxl_config.h.in
 >>

 >> and results in a file in the binary directory:
 >>

 >>    InsightBin/Utilities/vxl/core/vxl_config.h
 >>

 >> Please open that file (vxl_config.h) in the binary directory
 >> of ITK and look at the declaration of vxl_int_32
 >>

 >> In a normal system you will find lines such as
 >>
 >> #define VXL_HAS_INT_32 1
 >> #define VXL_INT_32_STRING "int"
 >> #if 1
 >>   typedef          int vxl_int_32;
 >>   typedef   signed int vxl_sint_32;
 >>   typedef unsigned int vxl_uint_32;
 >> #else
 >> # define vxl_int_32  void
 >> # define vxl_sint_32 void
 >> # define vxl_uint_32 void
 >> #endif
 >>

 >> Most likely in your system you will find that
 >> the code is
 >>

 >> #define VXL_HAS_INT_32 0
 >> #define VXL_INT_32_STRING "int"
 >> #if 0
 >>   typedef          int vxl_int_32;
 >>   typedef   signed int vxl_sint_32;
 >>   typedef unsigned int vxl_uint_32;
 >> #else
 >> # define vxl_int_32  void
 >> # define vxl_sint_32 void
 >> # define vxl_uint_32 void
 >> #endif
 >>

 >> This may be the result of your compiler failing
 >> to pass the Test that CMakes performs at configuration
 >> time for figuring out if your compiler can manage
 >> 32 integers.
 >>

 >> All, in all, still looks lika a basic misconfiguration
 >> of your compiler, of a mixture of C and C++ compilers.
 >>

 >> Please go to the binary directory and to its subdirectory
 >> CMakeFiles, then take the files
 >>

 >>    * CMakeError.log
 >>    * CMakeOutput.log
 >>
 >> and send them to us.
 >>

 >>    Thanks
 >>

 >>       Luis

 >> Thomas Hack wrote:
 >>
 >>> Hi Luis!
 >>>
 >>> thanks for your quick response. My other projects compile without
any problem in 64 bits with VS2008. Thats why those errors are so
strange to me. I also rebuilded the complete project starting from
cmake. Do you have any other idea?