[Insight-users] itkImageSource for block of memory

Koen Vermeer koen at vermeer.tv
Fri Jun 19 06:34:29 EDT 2009

Hi,

When interfacing ITK from a different program, I already have my image
in memory. When applying ITK operations, I now first copy the image into
an itk::Image. For small images, that's not that much of a problem, but
for large 3D data sets, I'd rather avoid this.

The best way to that that is probably to define some itkImageSource for
a block of memory. I assume that writing such a class wouldn't be too
difficult, but looking at itkImageSource, I have no idea where to start.

Does the approach of writing an itkImageSource for this purpose sound
right? What methods should I override?

My final goal is to use this as an interface to Matlab data.

Best,
Koen