[Insight-users] Genus

Sgouritsa, Eleni esgourit at Central.UH.EDU
Sun Jun 21 17:08:06 EDT 2009

Thank you,
I took a fast look to this class last week.
Actually I use a derived class of itkMesh for my mesh, indexedtrianglemesh that somebody had proposed in the list before.
For the checker class the ValidateEulerCharacteristic() method returns true or false. How can I get the genus of my mesh?

Yes, Kishore solved most of the problems for the Chan & Vese. We are still discussing for the remaining.

Regards,
Eleni

-----Original Message-----
From: alex gouaillard [mailto:alexandre_gouaillard at hms.harvard.edu]
Sent: Sun 6/21/2009 3:36 PM
To: Sgouritsa, Eleni
Cc: insight-users at itk.org
Subject: Re: [Insight-users] Genus

hi eleni,

the genus of a mesh, or of it's dual, is the same.

If you use a QuadEdgeMesh, note that you have the primal *and* dual
mesh connectivity stored in the surface. You have only one geometry
though (up to you to decide if it is the primal or dual, as it's
reversible, it's up to the user to decide which one is the primal and
which one is the dual.)

Again, if you use a QuadEdgeMEsh (which I recommend if you;re going to
work with surfaces and want to handle topology nicely), you can take a
look at the itkQuadEdgeMeshTopologyChecker class, and specifically the
ValidateEulerCharacteristic() method.
http://www.itk.org/Doxygen/html/classitk_1_1QuadEdgeMeshTopologyChecker.html
the doxygen documentation is not great (our bad), but the .txx is
documented.

BTW is everything alright with Chan & Vesse ? I think kishore solved
most of the problems, right?

let me know if that helps.

alex.