[Insight-users] Grayscale Morphology

Neal R. Harvey harve at lanl.gov
Mon Jun 22 16:28:41 EDT 2009

Can anyone direct me to some documents that describe how to use ITK's
grayscale morphological operators?
I am assuming that itk::GrayscaleFunctionErodeImageFilter and
GrayscaleFunctionDilateImageFilter and the operators I
am after. I want to perform morphological operations with greyscale
(function) structuring elements that I have defined myself.
For example, I would like to implement a grayscale hit-or-miss filter
that uses, for its "hit" and "miss" structuring elements,
examples of target and background extracted from images. I can't find a
complete document that describes how to do this.
I was able to find an incomplete 4-page document entitled "Consolidated
Morphology"
(http://www.insight-journal.org/browse/publication/124) but this was far
from complete and didn't provide all the necessary information
that I would need to proceed.

Thanks and regards

Harve