[Insight-users] dicom Transfer Syntax

Hsiang-Chi Kuo kuoxgx at gmail.com
Tue Jun 23 00:47:50 EDT 2009

Hi Luis and Mathieu,
I wrapped my input dicom file with a deform field and applied
DicomImageReadWrite.cxx to write a dicom file. The default itk dicom library
produced "Explicit little Endian" file type as the "Transfer Syntax". My
application software currently only supports "Implicit little Endian" file
type as the "Transfer Syntax". Is tere any way to modified the following
subroutine to output a dicom file with "Implicit little Endian" file type ?
Thanks and regards,
Howard

typedef unsigned int WritePixelType;
  typedef itk::Image< WritePixelType, 3 > WriteImageType;
  typedef itk::ImageFileWriter< WriteImageType >  WriterType;

  WriterType::Pointer writer = WriterType::New();
  writer->SetFileName( argv[2] );
  writer->SetInput( warper->GetOutput() );
  writer->UseInputMetaDataDictionaryOff ();
  writer->SetImageIO( gdcmImageIO );
  try
    {
    writer->Update();
    }
  catch (itk::ExceptionObject & e)
    {
    std::cerr << "Exception in file writer " << std::endl;
    std::cerr << e << std::endl;
    return EXIT_FAILURE;