[Insight-users] isolated connected

Luis Ibanez luis.ibanez at kitware.com
Sat Jun 27 17:44:02 EDT 2009

Hi Arun,

     "Glipmsing at the Source, leaves no doubt"

                               Deng Ming Dao

One of the great strengths of Open Source software
is that you can always read the code and learn from it.

The answer to your question is in lines 212-254 of the file

   src/Insight/Code/BasicFilters/itkIsolatedConnectedImageFilter.txx

The value of the threshold that separates two regions is found
by using a binary search between the upper threshold and the lower one.

For each tested value, a region is grown from the set of seeds to
be included, and the resulting region is checked to see if it
contains any of the seeds to be excluded.

Please let us know if you have any more questions about the code.