[Insight-users] DICOM and orientation

Lic. José M. Rodriguez Bacallao jmrbcu at gmail.com
Mon Jun 29 13:45:51 EDT 2009

hi folks, I'm reading a dicom image with itk (WrapITK) and visualizing
with vtk but, when I try to visualize it, it show inverted in the
screen, this is my code to read and visualize the image:

image_type = itk.Image[itk.SS, 2]

image_type = itk.Image[itk.SS, 2]
fr = itk.ImageFileReader[image_type].New()
con = itk.ImageToVTKImageFilter[image_type].New()

fr.SetFileName('/home/jmrbcu/temp/IM66.dcm')
con.SetInput(fr.GetOutput())

v = vtk.vtkImageViewer2()
ri = vtk.vtkRenderWindowInteractor()
v.SetupInteractor(ri)