[Insight-users] Gradient Descent?

motes motes mort.motes at gmail.com
Tue Jun 30 16:13:11 EDT 2009

A lot of the examples in the itkSoftwareGuide uses the optimizer defined in
itkRegularStepGradientDescentOptimizer.h.

As I understand this i a gradient descent optimzer. There is not much
details about this method in the guide (I assume its rather basic)  but it
could be very nice to read some examples showing how this optimizer works
for a few iterations.

I have tried googling articles and websites that show how gradient descent
is applied in the context of digital image processing but cannot seem to
find anything. Does anyone on this mailing list know of any good resources
to a step-by-step example using the gradient descent method on a digital
image?