[Insight-users] Affine+Mattes 2D registration problem

Luis Ibanez luis.ibanez at kitware.com
Tue Jun 30 16:38:33 EDT 2009

Hi Manuel,

1) Please post to the list the output values of Metric
    and Transform parameters produced at every iteration
    of the registration.

2) You may want to start by using a very large number of
    samples.

3) Could you please post a screenshot of the outcome ?
    Your statement that the "results are not good" is
    not informative enough to advise you.

    For example, it is common for Mutual information to
    find minima in positions of the image that will overlap
    large regions to large regions. (even if they are not
    related).

4) Note that if your motivation for changing the metric
    was to reduce the computation time, by taking advantage
    of the pixel sampling use by MattesMutualInformation,

    You can now have the same sampling functionality in the
    MeanSquaresMetric if you turn ON the CMake option:

           ITK_USE_OPTIMIZED_REGISTRATION_METHODS

    This may be a better way to proceed, given that
    you already have a successful registration using
    that metric..