[Insight-users] How To Specify PixelContainer for the output of a Filter

Karthik Krishnan karthik.krishnan at kitware.com
Tue Mar 3 17:44:48 EST 2009

Assuming you are writing your own filter, if you aren't subclass the filter
in question...

First create an itk::Image with the right metadata and with a pixel
container that points to your pixel buffer. I suppose you know how to do
that, if not, please look at Examplse/DataRepresentation/Image/Image5.cxx

Reimplement the GenerateData method and force it to use your

GenerateData()
{
  this->GetOutput()->GraftOutput( this->MyImage )

  .. // rest of the generate data method
}

On Tue, Mar 3, 2009 at 3:15 PM, Brady McCary
<brady.mccary+ITK at gmail.com<brady.mccary%2BITK at gmail.com>
> wrote:

> insight-users,
>
> I have a pixel buffer already allocated that I would like to tell an
> image filter to use for its output. I would like to tell the filter to
> use this buffer instead of allocating its own. Would someone please
> respond with the correct sequence to accomplish this?
>
> Brady

Karthik Krishnan
R&D Engineer,
Kitware Inc.