[Insight-users] Does ITK run on 64bit?

Luis Ibanez luis.ibanez at kitware.com
Wed Mar 4 08:37:26 EST 2009

Hi Michael,

Yes,

ITK does compiles and runs on 64 bit platforms.

   * Linux
   * Mac
   * Windows

We build ITK on 64bit platforms on a Nightly basis:

http://www.cdash.org/CDash/index.php?project=Insight

You will find evidence for it in the builds from the following machines:

   - sabre.sci.utah.edu   Linux 64
   - gelas.megason.lab.hms   Linux 64
   - sanchome.megason.lab.hms  Linux 64
   - murron-hobbs-hancock   Linux 64
   - gargon.hooperlab    Linux 64
   - crl.med.harvard.edu  Linux 64
   - boa.invivonmr.uu.nl    Linux 64
   - RogueResearch3      Mac ppc64
   - cibo.kitware             Windows 64
   - redwall.kitware        WindowsVista 64

These machines submit Nightly to dashboard and have
their 1553 test passing (81% code coverage).

We strongly encourage you to also contribute a build
to the ITK dashboard. This is quite easy to setup,
and we will be happy to guide you through the process.

Please let us know if you run into any problems,