[Insight-users] region growing segmentation -- isolatedConnectedImageFilter

sara al kady sara_alkady at hotmail.com
Fri Mar 6 04:04:44 EST 2009

hello,

We've been trying to use region growing techniques to separate the brain components-we're working on axial slices- but there is something that I don't understand in the IsolatedConnectedImageFilter which is .. Which 2 seeds do I have to pick to separate the components ?
I understand that the first seed should be related to the component I want and the 2nd seed from outside it, but it doesn't work with any seed , I think it has to be a specific seed to make the segmentation work correctly.

if anyone knows how to pick the seed or if I misunderstood something and need to use another filter completely kindly tell me.

Thanks,
Sara Al-Kady