[Insight-users] Segmentation filters

Luis Ibanez luis.ibanez at kitware.com
Mon Mar 9 19:26:04 EDT 2009

Hi Eduardo,

Yes,

You could replace the FastMarching filter with a
DanielssonDistanceMap filter.

Just create a binary image that is set to zeros everywhere,
and only set to ones the pixels corresponding to the seed
points that are now being passed to the FastMarching filter.
Then use that image as input to the Danielsson distance map
filter.

Notice however that:

    A) In some of the examples, the seed points are set
       to initial negative values, in order to be able to
       define the initial level set as the iso-value == 0.

    B) The FastMarching filter is a lot faster than the
       Danielson Filter for the purpose of computing that
       distance map

    C) If you really want to stick to a distance filter,
       then you may want to try the SignedMaurer distance
       filter that is equivalent to the Danielson filter,
       but it executes a lot faster.