[Insight-users] OrientedImageAdaptor or ExtractOrientedImageFilter?

Frank Miller frankmiller at jhmi.edu
Tue Mar 17 09:36:55 EDT 2009

Constantine,

What I do is to represent "slices" with an

  itk::OrientedImage< TPixel, 3 >

with size[2] == 1. You can resample the volume with a "slice" just as
you describe in your first way and then there is no need to use the
ExtractImageFilter.

Note, it is not possible to accurately represent slices with an

  itk::OrientedImage< TPixel, 2 >

because then the origin is in R^2 and the direction matrix is 2x2. So
when you use the ExtractImageFilter you throw away information.

Frank