[Insight-users] 3D image data

Ghassan Hamarneh hamarneh at gmail.com
Tue Mar 17 16:47:11 EDT 2009

On 17-Mar-09, at 12:47 PM, Wen Shi wrote:

> Hi Guys,
>
> I really got confused about the 3D image data.
> I used imageSeriesReader read a collection of 2D slices of images
> and output a 3D image, the code is the same as in the example /
> ImageSeriesReadWrite.cxx
> Then I got the output image which is for sure a 3D image.

In what format?  How did you confirm that it is 3D and it looks OK
(e.g. which 3D viewer did you use)?

> Then I used ImageSeriesWriter tried to write it back into slices.
> The code is the same in /iamgeReadImageSeriesWrite.cxx

If you want to write an image series, then, from the name of the file:
"iamgeReadImageSeriesWrite.cxx", it  doesn't seem to have the correct
content (read instead of write)...  But I may be wrong.

> But then when I debug the 3D

How do you debug a 3D image, what is the file format you are exporting
(extension(s) of the file), e.g. mhd/img?

/g