[Insight-users] can itkMRFImageFilter discard the intensity information

Baoyun Li baoyun_li123 at yahoo.com
Wed Mar 18 11:35:48 EDT 2009

Dear All:

After going through the documents for itkMRFImageFilter, I have some doubts about using the intensity information.

I understand the filter using Gassian model to relabel the segmeantion image. But why?

In otherwords, if I have already got ok segmeantion result based EM Gaussian Mixuture model, thus I only need hMRF to take care of the continous of the labled segmetation. Seem reclassify the image based on Gassuian model is redundent or make the segmentation worse if I blieved my initial segmentation.

If there anyway to ignore using the intensity information.

Or I am fundmentally wrong, say that using intensity information certainly can improve the performance.

Can somebody teach me?

Best regards

Baoyun