[Insight-users] Newbie question: How to create polygons?

Jazz Kartell jazzkartell at gmx.de
Sat Mar 21 12:34:22 EDT 2009

Hi Luis,

thanks for your fast answer. I will play around with your suggestions...
i try to specify my problem:

e.g. i have a .png with a black filled circle... (for the beginning...)
Now ITK should find that black region (with treshold) and save it internal
as a polygon with n vertices. and that "internal" region i want to extract.
So for example with the circle:
I define n=4 and ITK should create the smallest square (or polygon with
n edges) containing the whole circle...
The goal is that it is possible to define how exact a requested region
is encircled.

Exporting that encircled region:
at this point, it would be nice to generate a seperate .png only
containing the extracted polygon including the "circle"
or to encircle the region in the .png itself. But I think that should be
not so hard to do, once the regions are accessible...

I hope now my problem is a bit clearer and sorry for my english ;-)

Thanks

Benjamin