[Insight-users] Error: itkVTKImageImport

Luis Ibanez luis.ibanez at kitware.com
Sat Mar 21 12:34:27 EDT 2009

Hi Firat,

Well,
the error message is giving you a strong hint:

    > Input scalar type is double
    > but should be float

You probably instantiated the itkVTKImageImport filter using a "float"
pixel type, and at run-time you are passing to it an image whose pixel
type is "double".

So,
you have three choices:

   A) Instantiate the itkVTKImageImport filter with an image
      of pixel type "double"

or

   B) Convert the input image from double to float
      (e.g. by using a casting filter)

or

   C) Use the classes described in the following
      Insight Journal paper:
http://www.insight-journal.org/browse/publication/146