[Insight-users] portability

Luis Ibanez luis.ibanez at kitware.com
Tue Mar 24 11:00:26 EDT 2009

Hi bimbykando2,

  It looks like you are doing this on Windows...

   1) Did you build your application for Debug ?

      When you move a program build for "Debug" to
      another computer that *does not* have a compiler
      installed then there will be several DLL's missing,
      that you executable depends on.

   2) What compiler version are you using ?

      For several recent compilers, Microsoft provides
      update portability packages that will make possible
      to run your executable in an older computer.

   3) Try opening your Executable with the
      DependencyWalker tool:

        http://www.dependencywalker.com/

      It will tell you what DLLs are missing from that
      other computer.