[Insight-users] Read Write Dicom Image

Mathieu Malaterre mathieu.malaterre at gmail.com
Wed Mar 25 14:46:25 EDT 2009

Thanks !

A couple of notes though:

1. There is bug currently in GDCM 2.0.10 where the z-spacing (3rd
dimension) is not properly computed for the new Enhanced [CT|MR] Image
Storage and images contained in the multi-frames volume would not have
the same Image Orientation (Patient) (=Direction Cosines).
2. I am working on the next release (GDCM 2.0.11) and gdcminfo will
even be able to report whether or not the image is lossy or
lossless(*). This is a key feature to have in high quality environment
(such as clinical trial).

Take care
-Mathieu
(*) Indeed looking only at the Transfer Syntax UID is not enough in
such case as 1.2.840.10008.1.2.4.91(JPEG 2000 Image Compression) where
the encapsulated stream can be lossy or lossless.

--
Mathieu