[Insight-users] Casting or accesing data from typedef float to just float

Bios5 bios5_dn at hotmail.com
Wed Mar 25 16:00:23 EDT 2009

Hello dear friends..

I came with a question to all of you, because I'm not really experienced
with ITK, so let me explain my issue:

I'm working to do an OsiriX plugin, I hope somebody knows it, it uses
Objective C, and my problem is that I used and ImageImporFilter from ITK to
process the image data, the data is held in a variable float *fImage (is a
buffer); so I used the ImportImageFilter using a typedef float as an
outputImage, to use the OsiriX image buffer and later I used a
DiscreteGaussianImageFilter but now I need to write the result of the
GaussianFilter back to the fImage variable (Image buffer) to be able to
refresh the result on the OsiriX viewer, so I guess that if I need to use an
Importfilter to process the data using ITK functions, now that I finished I
need to cast? export? the result to use it again with the Objective C code
of OsiriX?

For you time... Thank you very much!

Regards... Bios5