[Insight-users] ITK build on Win64

John Drescher drescherjm at gmail.com
Thu Mar 26 10:12:59 EDT 2009

> 1) A 32-bits binary build should work fine
>   when copied into a 64-bits machine.
>
>   It is, however, a sad waste of the money
>   that you paid for the 64bits machine.

Aren't all new machines 64 bits now? I mean AMD and Intel have not
made many 32 bit only cpu in the last 2 years. For our department at
work I build 64 bit machines for linux for less than $600 US and the
same exact hardware I usually install 32 bit windows XP, however when
I get time I will start converting some of these to 64bit XP because
some of our datasets are larger than 2GB and in the future these may
grow larger than the max 3GB with LARGEADDRESSAWARE and the /3GB boot
switch.

John