[Insight-users] ITK build on Win64

John Drescher drescherjm at gmail.com
Thu Mar 26 12:56:50 EDT 2009

> Thanks for your response. I actually newly got the new machine at
> work. In all cases as long as it works, I will keep my 32-bit builts in
> order
> to stay able to (sometimes) work at home, where I still have a 7-year
> old machine :(.

I do have one comment on this. At work I code for 32 bit windows with
Visual Studio 2005. At home I develop on 64 bit gentoo linux with the
same code. My application includes ITK, VTK, and Qt. Although I admit
the ITK part for now is mostly just file loading and then passing the
data over to VTK using the ITK to VTK adaptor. I did have to add a few
#ifdefs so that I could maintain compiler compatibility but none of
this was for 64 bit. It was just to iron out the differences between
gcc-4.3 and Visual Studio 2005. I just have begun to add ITK filters
now and I am working on dynamically adding and removing them from the
pipeline similar to what paraview does.

John