[Insight-users] Read Write Dicom Image

Mathieu Malaterre mathieu.malaterre at gmail.com
Fri Mar 27 04:46:53 EDT 2009

On Fri, Mar 27, 2009 at 3:02 AM, Hui Wang <cougarhui at yahoo.com> wrote:
> Hi Mathieu,
> Thank you for your reply.
>
> I downloaded GDCM as you said and run the command gdcminfo. The output is:
> MediaStorage is 1.2.840.10008.5.1.4.1.1.2 [CT Image Storage]
> TransferSyntax is 1.2.840.10008.1.2 [Implicit VR Little Endian: Default
> Transfer Syntax for DICOM]
> NumberOfDimensions: 2
> Dimensions: (512,512,1)
> Origin: (-173.5,-160,-207.4)
> Spacing: (0.625,0.625,1)
> DirectionCosines: (1,0,0,0,1,0)
> Rescale Intercept/Slope: (-1024,1)
> SamplesPerPixel    :1
> BitsAllocated      :16
> BitsStored         :16
> HighBit            :15
> PixelRepresentation:1
> ScalarType found   :INT16
> PhotometricInterpretation: MONOCHROME2
> PlanarConfiguration: 0
> TransferSyntax: 1.2.840.10008.1.2
> Orientation Label: AXIAL
> IOD Verification: failed
>

> Is there something wrong with the image I used?

Absolutely not, this is an extremely simple case... I would try one
more thing,when installing gdcm 2.x you also have a small utilisties:
gdcmconv. Please try running:

 $ gdcmconv --force --raw input.dcm output.dcm

where input.dcm is your input dicom and output.dcm will be a new
(rewritten) dicom file. Then try loading that one (output.dcm) using
ITK.

Thanks,
--
Mathieu