[Insight-users] newbie question : Transforming image to have different FOV

Frank Ezekiel frank.ezekiel at ucsf.edu
Mon Mar 30 14:25:26 EDT 2009

Hi all:

        I'm looking for a tool that will transform a 3d nifti file containing structural data so that the FOV is changed and the header information (DCM, Quaternion) is properly modified.    For example, I might want to transform an image within a 256 mm cubed volume such that it only contains the central 200mm on each axis.     Or, I might want to transform an image which was 40mm by 20mm by 20mm so that it would be 256mm cubed.    In either case, I'm primarily concerned that the DCM and quaternion values be properly updated to reflect the new image extent.    I am less concerned with whether the contents of the original image are interpolated or merely centered in the new FOV.

        Can you suggest any existing ITK examples?   Or point me towards the functions I'll need?

Thanks as always,

Frank

Frank Ezekiel
Programmer/Analyst IV
Center for Imaging of Neurodegenerative Diseases
University of California at San Francisco and
San Francisco VA Medical Center
415.221.4810 x 4918