[Insight-users] Do "origin" and "offset" of an image mean the same?

Subrahmanyam Gorthi subrahmanyam.gorthi at gmail.com
Tue Mar 31 13:26:35 EDT 2009

Hi,

First of all, please pardon me for asking basic things.

I would like to know whether origin means same as offset value that is
mentioned in an image header file (for example: .mhd file).

When I am loading a raw image from volview, it has an option for origin, but
not for offset.
I know the offset values from the header file. Can I specify the same for
the origin.
If they are not same, how can I input the offset value in volview?
Offset value is important for me since I am trying to overlap two images
with different offsets.

Thanks a lot for your kind answer.

Warm Regards,
Subrahmanyam.