[Insight-users] histogram of an image

Luis Ibanez luis.ibanez at kitware.com
Tue Mar 31 19:51:18 EDT 2009

Hi Raquel,

ITK doesn't provide visualization tools at all.

What you can do is to generate the histogram values
using ITK classes, then write the histogram values out
into a file, and then plot them by using standard software
such as:

* Open Office Spreadshet
* GNUPlot
* Excel

For examples on how to generate a Histogram,
please look at:

/Insight/Examples/Statistics
ImageHistogram1.cxx
ImageHistogram2.cxx
ImageHistogram3.cxx
ImageHistogram4.cxx

---

If you are generating a joint histogram, then
you may want to use the HistogramToImage filter,
and then visualize the image that contains the
histogram.

Note also that some of the applications in

           InsightApplications

will show the image histogram as part of their
many feature.  See for example the "SNAP"
application.