[Insight-users] ITK Transform file documentation and/or example

Fri May 1 11:19:44 EDT 2009

To understand the transform files you have to understand the
itk::Transform classes, because the contents of the file directly
reflect the data stored for all Transform classes -- two arrays of
floating point numbers called (confusingly) the Parameters and
FixedParameters.

What those two arrays mean depends on the particular transform type.

The transform file itself is a text file with a straightforward format:

Transform: <transform type name>
Parameter: <list of floating point #s>
FixedParameters: <list of floating point #s>

I've added support for reading binary transform files in Matlab format
as well, this will be in ITK 3.14.