[Insight-users] WrapITK and windows

Badri Roysam roysam at ecse.rpi.edu
Tue May 5 13:11:55 EDT 2009

Hi Gaetan,

FARSIGHT is a joint project involving Kitware, RPI, the University of Wisconsin, and the Wadsworth center.
You can get a quick feel for the project by visiting our 10-day old wiki page www.farsight-toolkit.org.
We are still working on it.

In a nutshell, we are interested in building a toolkit for biologists who need to make measurements
from images of cells and tissue gathered from microscopes.

I am very interested in your wrapITK project, and feel that it can be extremely helpful to the FARSIGHT
project. The main challenge that remains to be overcome is to make it as simple as possible for non
computer scientists to invoke ITK routines from Python. Ideally, I would like it require just one
line of Python code, kind of like MATLAB. At the same time, we need to devise ways to make the documentation
accessible to end users - currently, it is aimed at computer scientists.

Best Wishes,

Badri Roysam
Professor, Department of Electrical, Computer and Systems Engineering
Associate Director, NSF Center for Subsurface Sensing & Imaging Systems (CenSSIS ERC)
Co-Director, Rensselaer Center for Open Source Software
Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute
110 8th Street, Troy, New York 12180-3590, USA.
Office(JEC 7010): 518-276-8067, Assistant: 518-276-8525, Lab(JEC 6308): 518-276-8207, Fax: 518-276-8715
Email: roysam at ecse.rpi.edu, Web: http://www.ecse.rpi.edu/~roysam