[Insight-users] fast marching level set application

Luis Ibanez luis.ibanez at kitware.com
Tue May 5 21:37:23 EDT 2009

Hi Shoosh,

      Yes, the problem is that the image is too big
      for the amount of RAM memory in your computer.

Your input image itself makes 419 Mb:

 > The image size is 740 x 540 x 550 and it is a short type.

The computation of the image gradient magnitude will generate
another image of floats, which will take 838 Mb and the process
will allocate some more intermediate images.

You may need to use a computer with more RAM, or you may
have to crop your image to select a region of interest.