[Insight-users] Behavior of FastMarchingImageFilter

Dan Mueller dan.muel at gmail.com
Fri May 8 01:16:10 EDT 2009

Hi Amar,

Perhaps you can post a minimal example (code, input image, output
image) demonstrating the issue.

I have not experienced this issue myself, but the
FastMarchingImageFilter does propagate the front using
4-/6-connectivity, so after a small timestep it may be possible to
experience the "jagged" edge you are seeing (though not the checked
pattern inside the hole). How many iterations are you letting the
filter run for? (ie. what is the stopping value?)

Also, the FastMarchingImageFilter requires a real (float, double)
output image. What is the pixel type of your output image?

Cheers, Dan